The focus of our firm is to provide our clients with timely service whenever possible. One of the reoccurring frustrations that we are finding both by our clients and our office, are the lengthy CRA processing times.
Below we have provided a list of CRA’s standard processing times for some of the more common returns that we file on behalf of our clients. Please be advised that these are standard average processing times, and based on some of HGA’s current experiences, the processing times can sometimes be double.
CRA does stress that processing times may take longer if:
- a request is sent in spring or early summer
- a request needs more review
- CRA needs to contact you or your authorized representative for more information or documentation
Corporation Income Tax Returns
- electronic filing, 45 calendar days or less after filing
- paper filing by mail, 90 calendar days or less after receiving the return
- electronic filing, within 30 calendar days after filing
- paper filing by mail, within 60 calendar days after receiving the reutnr
Personal Tax Returns
It is CRA’s goal to issue a notice of assessment, including any applicable refund, within:
- electronic filing, within two weeks after filing
- paper filing by mail, within four to six weeks of receiving the return
Personal Tax Return Adjustment
- online, usually within 2 weeks
- paper filing by mail, usually within 8 weeks
If you have any concerns or frustrations regarding the processing time of any returns that have been filed, please contact HGA for assistance.
For more information regarding CRA service standards and processing times, please visit https://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/stndrds/2016-2017/menu-16-17-eng.html