Have you ever wondered exactly where your tax dollar’s go? A new slideshow from the CRA shows exactly what percentage of your taxes went where!
During the 2011 – 2012 year the federal government had expenses totaling $271.4 Billion.
A brief summary of federal spending for 2011–12.
- Canada Health Transfer (10 cents)
- Canada Revenue Agency (3 cents)
- Canada Social Transfer (4 cents)
- Children’s benefits (5 cents)
- Crown corporations (3 cents)
- Defence (8 cents)
- Employment Insurance benefits (6 cents)
- Other major transfers to other levels of government (7 cents)
- Other operations (12 cents)
- Other transfer payments (13 cents)
- Public debt charges (11 cents)
- Public Safety (4 cents)
- Support to elderly (14 cents)
For the full report, click here: